Free Workshop for Parents and Grandparents of Minor Kids!
5 Costly Mistakes Parents Make… Leaving Their Children at Risk!
Learn Why Most Wills and Trusts Fail to Protect Children and What to Do About It!
July 27, 2021 at 2:00pm
Parents (and grandparents) know that life can change in an instant and that’s why we take steps to minimize risks to our children. We research and invest in the very best car seats, cabinet locks, bike helmets, and other protective gear, all in the name of keeping our children safe.
Yet only a fraction of parents have basic safeguards in place to protect their kids if one or both parents gets sick, becomes incapacitated, or passes away.
Especially in chaotic times like these, your kids are counting on you to have a plan that spells out who would raise them and what money would be set aside to provide that care, so that your kids are never at the mercy of the court system.
If you don’t have a plan and you want the peace of mind knowing that your kids would be taken care of if anything happens, we invite you to join attorney Unsworth Law for a FREE online workshop where you will learn:
- How easy it is to make sure your kids would never be taken out of your home or raised by anyone you wouldn’t want … if something happened to mom or dad.
- How you can make sure the money you’ve been saving to leave your kids, never falls into the wrong hands… and is available to care for your kids immediately, if something did happen.
- How to give your family the gift of knowing everything has been taken care of, if anything happens to you.
Attendees will also learn how to avoid the most common mistakes parents make when planning for the future, including:
Yes! Send me the instructions on how to join this 90 minute estate planning webinar!
Stephen A. Unsworth
Stephen A. Unsworth founded Unsworth Law in June 1993, to practice in the areas of Estate Planning, Estate Administration, and Business Succession Planning. His goal was and continues to be helping clients understand the confusing world of Estate Planning. Barry has been in private practice since receiving his law degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1979. He earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree from UC, Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, in 1976.
- MISTAKE#1:Letting courts decide who will raise their children. Parents who have not selected legal guardians for their children are leaving decisions to strangers in the court system.
- MISTAKE #2: Assuming a plan is not necessary because their family will care for their children. Children can unintentionally end up in the wrong caregiver’s hands resulting in custody battles.
- MISTAKE #3: Being unprepared for something catastrophic, like a serious accident or illness. When both parents are gone, Child Protective Services is often called and foster homes are the only option.
- MISTAKE #4: Being unprepared to pay for your children’s continued care, education and health care. We’ll show you easy and inexpensive ways to provide necessary funds for your children.
- MISTAKE #5: Winding up in a guardian selection nightmare. We’ll show you how to avoid picking the wrong guardians and how to select the best ones. You might be surprised at what you hear.
We promise you’ll leave this educational event with practical ideas and action steps that you can take immediately, to start laying a solid and secure foundation for your family’s future. There’s no pressure to sign up for legal services or work with our firm—we are simply here to help you!