We’re now offering our popular Wills, Trusts & Medicaid Planning Seminar online.
Join us from the comfort of your couch!
Learn how to protect your
family home & nest egg
Thursday, August 13th, 2020 10:00am ET with Attorney Ellen B. LaPlante
Tuesday, August 18th, 2020 02:00pm ET with Attorney Stephen A. Unsworth
DISCOVER THE 7 COSTLY MISTAKES FAMILIES
MAKE IN THEIR ESTATE AND HEALTHCARE PLANNING
Who will inherit most of your estate…the government? A nursing home? Or your family?
Attend this FREE webinar to discover how you can avoid mistakes in these key areas:
- NURSING HOME COSTS: Protect your House, Car, Personal Property, Retirement Accounts, and other assets if you need care.
- WILLS AND LIVING TRUSTS: Learn the advantages and disadvantages of both, and why choosing the wrong one for you can be a mistake.
- PROBATE: How to avoid going to court and make it easy on your family to deal with your affairs when you pass away.
- MEDICAID: Qualify for Long-Term Care Medicaid without spending down all of your assets.
- DIVORCE: Preserve your children’s inheritance if they divorce. Up to 50% of your assets could walk out the door with your ex in-law.
- INCAPACITY: Avoid a publicly humiliating and expensive guardianship proceeding if you become legally incapacitated or disabled. Make sure your Advance Directive and Power of Attorney are up-to-date.
- REMARRIAGE: Prevent your assets from going to a stranger instead of your children if your spouse gets remarried after your death.
At Unsworth LaPlante, the health and safety of our clients, team members, and friends of the law firm are top of mind amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have made it easy for you to learn more about Estate Planning & Medicaid Planning without having to leave your home. We are committed to ensuring everyone’s safety and making it easy and accessible for our community to get their estate planning questions answered and documents in place.
Ellen B. LaPlante
Ellen LaPlante is an attorney whose mission is to provide clients with guidance in Estate Planning, Elder Law, and Medicaid Preparation. She is barred in Vermont and New York.
Stephen A. Unsworth
Stephen A. Unsworth is a founding member at Unsworth LaPlante, PLLC. He is admitted to practice in Vermont, New York and Maine, and has more than 40 years of experience in estate planning and business law. His mission is to provide quality estate planning services, including assistance with Living Trusts, Wills, Medicaid Planning, Probate, Trust Administration, Powers of Attorney, Special Needs Planning, and Family Limited Partnerships.
Attend a webinar and receive a FREE Medicaid Analysis and no obligation private consultation with one of our Attorneys to answer any questions about setting up your estate plan ($450 value). Consultations provided via phone conference, or video conference.