Free workshop for Vermont seniors and their loved ones
All About Long-Term Care
Learn how to Protect Your Assets, Make Your Wishes Known, Stay as Independent as Possible, and Access the Care You Need Without Becoming a Burden to Your Family or Going Broke in a Nursing Home!
October 21, 2021 at 10:00am
Even though you’ve worked hard your entire life, purchased a family home, and saved enough for retirement (and possibly enough to leave an inheritance for your loved ones) – you and your family may end up with nothing if you need care related to aging.
Did you know…
- Medicare and private health insurance do NOT cover most costs related to long-term care;
- The average cost of long-term care for seniors in our area is expensive every month
- Most seniors will be told that they have too many assets or too much income to qualify for Medicaid benefits that will cover long-term care costs. What the government won’t tell you, however, is that there are ways to legally reallocate your assets so that you CAN qualify!
We are hosting a free educational webinar on October 21, 2021 at 10:00am to help seniors and their loved ones plan ahead for long-term care needs.
What you learn during this event will help ensure that you are positioned to access the highest-quality care possible when you need it, that you can receive that care whenever you want (in-home or at an assisted living facility or nursing home facility of YOUR choice), and that you and your family won’t go broke trying to pay for it all.
Here’s what else you’ll learn during our free webinar:
- QUALIFYING FOR MEDICAID: How you can protect your home and retirement nest egg from nursing home costs.
- TRADITIONAL ESTATE PLANS: Why they won’t help with nursing home costs and the type of plan that will.
- PROBATE: How it works, and more importantly, how you can avoid it altogether.
- PRESERVING YOUR MEDICAID ELIGIBILITY: The activities that you must avoid to not disqualify yourself from Medicaid benefits.
- INCAPACITY: Make your final wishes known with a Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney. Avoid a potentially humiliating and expensive guardianship proceeding if you become legally incapacitated.
- IMMEDIATE NEED VS. MEDICAID PRE-PLANNING: The differences and how you can protect more of your assets.
- DIVORCE AND REMARRIAGE: How to safeguard your children’s inheritance from their own divorce and your surviving spouse’s remarriage.
Proper planning can help you protect your independence, dignity, and stay in full control as you age. Join us for this educational event where we’ll share ideas and strategies to help you prepare for the future. Register by filling out the form to the right.
We promise you’ll leave this educational event with practical ideas and action steps that you can take immediately, to start laying a solid and secure foundation for your family’s future. There’s no pressure to sign up for legal services or work with our firm—we are simply here to help you!
Yes! Send me the instructions on how to join this 90 minute estate planning webinar!
About the Speaker
Attorney : Wendy Hillmuth
Wendy is a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (AAEPA), a national organization comprised of legal professionals concentrating on estate planning. Wendy previously practiced domestic relations law extensively in both Vermont and Colorado. Her law practice included complex litigation and negotiations in cases involving divorce, child custody, property division, and financial issues.
Wendy now works with clients on estate plans, including Trusts, Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advanced Directives. Wendy also assists clients with Medicaid Planning and helps clients to qualify for Medicaid assistance. Wendy is a member of the Vermont Bar Association and both the national and Vermont chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
At Unsworth LaPlante, the health and safety of our clients, team members, and friends of the law firm are top of mind amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have made it easy for you to learn more about Medicaid Planning without having to leave your home. We are committed to ensuring everyone’s safety and making it easy and accessible for our community to get their estate planning questions answered and documents in place.
Attend a webinar and receive a FREE Medicaid Analysis and no obligation private consultation with one of our Attorneys to answer any questions about setting up your estate plan ($450 value). Consultations provided via phone conference, or video conference.