DISCOVER THE COSTLY MISTAKES FAMILIES MAKE IN THEIR ESTATE AND HEALTHCARE PLANNING
Who will inherit most of your estate…the government? A nursing home? Or your family?
October 19, 2021 at 2:00pm
Attend this FREE webinar to discover how you can avoid mistakes in these key areas:
- NURSING HOME COSTS: Protect your House, Car, Personal Property, Retirement Accounts, and other assets if you need care.
- WILLS AND LIVING TRUSTS: Learn the advantages and disadvantages of both, and why choosing the wrong one for you can be a mistake.
- PROBATE: How to avoid going to court and make it easy on your family to deal with your affairs when you pass away.
- MEDICAID: Qualify for Long-Term Care Medicaid without spending down all of your assets.
- DIVORCE: Preserve your children’s inheritance if they divorce. Up to 50% of your assets could walk out the door with your ex in-law.
- INCAPACITY: Avoid a publicly humiliating and expensive guardianship proceeding if you become legally incapacitated or disabled. Make sure your Advance Directive and Power of Attorney are up-to-date.
- REMARRIAGE: Prevent your assets from going to a stranger instead of your children if your spouse gets remarried after your death.
At Unsworth LaPlante, the health and safety of our clients, team members, and friends of the law firm are top of mind amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have made it easy for you to learn more about Estate Planning & Medicaid Planning without having to leave your home. We are committed to ensuring everyone’s safety and making it easy and accessible for our community to get their estate planning questions answered and documents in place.
Attend a webinar and receive a FREE Medicaid Analysis and no obligation private consultation with one of our Attorneys to answer any questions about setting up your estate plan ($450 value). Consultations provided via phone conference, or video conference.
We promise you’ll leave this educational event with practical ideas and action steps that you can take immediately, to start laying a solid and secure foundation for your family’s future. There’s no pressure to sign up for legal services or work with our firm—we are simply here to help you!
Yes! Send me the instructions on how to join this 90 minute estate planning webinar!
About the Speaker
Attorney : Ellen LaPlante
Ellen helps clients put together unique estate plans, including assistance with Trusts, Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Advance Directives. She also works with clients on Medicaid Planning and qualifying for Medicaid assistance.
Ellen currently serves on the Board of Governors for the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (AAEPA), a national organization comprised of legal professionals concentrating on estate planning. As a member of the Academy, she receives ongoing, comprehensive training on modern estate planning techniques. Ellen is also a member of the Vermont Bar Association. She is the current President of the Vermont chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Vermont Family Network, an organization that supports families of children with Special Needs.