If you are interested in making plans for the most secure future for yourself and your loved ones, you need to talk with a Burlington estate planning lawyer. Estate planning gives you the opportunity to make advanced decisions on end of life issues. Estate planning can also make it possible for you to grow and protect assets, achieve financial security, and take other vitally important steps towards building wealth for yourself and passing it on to the next generation.
An estate planning lawyer can do many valuable things to help you make a legacy plan, an incapacity plan, an asset protection plan, and more. However, you need to make certain you have selected the right lawyer and are as prepared as possible to make productive use of your time together.
Unsworth LaPlante, PLLC law makes every meeting stress-free and simple by letting you know exactly what to expect, what services we will provide, and what we can help you to accomplish. Give us a call today to find out more.
Preparing to Meet with a Burlington Estate Planning Lawyer
Preparing to meet with a Burlington estate planning lawyer can be a daunting experience, especially if you haven’t yet sought legal advice on any matter. You want to make sure your meeting with your attorney is productive, that time is not wasted, and that your lawyer can provide the services that are necessary for your situation.
To help you get ready for a meeting with a estate planning lawyer, Unsworth has prepared a few tips and tricks to consider. For example, you may wish to:
- List your questions for your lawyer: You probably have lots you want to know about estate law in Vermont. Write down your questions so you don’t forget to ask anything important.
- Assemble appropriate documents. If you are coming to an estate planning lawyer for help probating the will of a deceased relative, you need to bring the will. If you want to use a trust to shield particular assets, bring account statements or ownership documents with you. Although you may not need this during a first meeting, your attorney can provide better and more well-directed legal advice if you are able to provide more info.
- List your goals: If you have a particular reason for meeting with a Vermont estate planning lawyer, you should list your specific incentive for seeking legal help. Your lawyer can help you to identify additional goals that could matter to you as well, but you need to make certain you communicate the core issues that you want your attorney to help with.
Your experience with estate planning is your own, and your attorney is your advocate who will be focused on helping with the accomplishment of the goals that matter to you. As a result, before you meet with a Burlington estate planning lawyer, the best thing to do is simply think about what you hope to accomplish and how your attorney can take steps to help you achieve those desires.
How to Select a Burlington Estate Planning Lawyer to Meet With
Before you begin working with an estate planning lawyer, you have to select the right experienced attorney who can provide you with the legal advice you need to make your personalized estate plan. You need an attorney whose practice is focused on estate planning and who can provide the specialized information you need to address the particulars of your situation.
Unsworth LaPlante, PLLC knows that no two estates are the same and that all families have their own unique goals and dreams for the future. With our experience, we can help you to use legal tools under Vermont law to help you accomplish those goals.
Attorneys at Unsworth LaPlante, PLLC are members of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, which means we have demonstrated strong backgrounds and excellence in the field of estate planning and we continue to undergo routine continuing education annually. Because of this, you can count on our legal team to know the newest developments in estate planning so you can best create a plan that provides benefits you and your family need and expect.
Getting Help from a Burlington Estate Planning Lawyer
To find out more about what a Burlington estate planning lawyer can do for you, download our free estate planning worksheet. You can also give us a call at (802) 879-7133 or contact us online to speak with a member of our legal team about the ways in which we can assist with making the estate planning process easy.
Latest posts by Stephen Unsworth (see all)
- Estate Planning for Family Owned Businesses and Farms - March 18, 2019
- What Are the Responsibilities of the Probate Court? - March 6, 2019
- Special Needs Planning and Estate Recovery - January 30, 2019